Senior Quality Leader
Do you enjoy being part of team that provides high-quality project delivery for our customers?
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy technology company?
Be part of our Nexus Controls team!
Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business has been serving customers worldwide for more than a century. We leverage multiple Turbine and Compressor Controls platforms and a proven Distributed Controls System (DCS) platform, along with a complete OT Cybersecurity, Excitation, Mechanical, Instrumentation & Controls, and Global Service portfolio to meet customer needs. Nexus Controls is looking for a Senior Quality Leader for North America at the Longmont, CO location.
Partner with the best
Nexus Controls customers expect flawless performance of our Systems, Software and Mechanical equipment to operate and protect critical infrastructure at their Energy or Industrial plants. Working for the Global Quality and Transformation Leader and with support from other quality and process experts, you will be highly responsive, directing rapid resolution of quality issues and then mentoring all stakeholders to prevent recurrence. The ultimate goal will be to foster a culture among 300+ employees in North America region to engineer processes which simultaneously sustain compliance, create customer references and reduce waste.
As the Sr Quality Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Sustaining Longmont site certifications required for growth. (ISO-9001:2015, QAN/QAR, N299, IEEE-1012 etc.)
- Leading audit program to assure compliance to QMS and regulatory standards while reducing risk and owning the certificates of compliance for Longmont site.
- Working closely with regional leaders to assure customer, product and regulatory requirements that support critical infrastructure installations are understood and applied throughout the project value chain.
- Engaging in frequent customer interaction - represent the voice of customers.
- Conducting daily Gemba - represent the voice of employees on quality.
- Driving Quality KPIs: NPS, CoQ, customer issue and nonconformance resolution, project lessons learned, finding, continuous improvement and corrective action cycle times.
- Collaborating with all functions (Sales, Projects, Engineering, Operations, Sourcing, Services) to Stop the Line early, resolve defects quickly, gather lessons learned and implement improvement actions as needed.
- Being the Champion for Lean, Apollo RCA, Six Sigma, Shainin and other problem-solving methods, insist on simple approaches at lowest level with measurable improvement evidence.
- Supporting rapid growth steering VOC and Best Practices / Lessons Learned into improvements that delight customers.
- Evaluating effectiveness of Quality Management System to deliver intended results.
- Communicating and mentoring widely to cultivate a quality culture of customer passion, compliance, and waste reduction
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:Have a BS degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Have 10+ yrs experience in Quality or Engineering or Operations with demonstrated Quality experience.
- At least 2 years experience in Quality, Engineering or Operations Leadership.
- Possess process experience in the Software and Electronics Industry. Critical infrastructure experience a plus.
- Be a good team player and display good communication and problem-solving skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours onsite in Longmont, CO- flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
The pay range for this role will be: $109-154k
- You will be eligible to participate in the Baker Hughes Fullstream Short-term incentive program applicable for the above position. The actual payout for your short-term incentive award will be based on company and individual performance and is contingent upon Baker Hughes achieving pre-determined financial results.
- You will be eligible to participate in Company-sponsored benefit programs, including health & welfare programs and the Thrift Plan (401k). You will have a choice of coverage options that best suit your needs. Coverage options and contribution amounts are related to your benefit elections, base salary level and specific requirements of each of these plans.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.