Are you passionate in scientific and engineering methodologies?
Do you enjoy motivating others to deliver successful solutions for business and customers?
Join our team!
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safety and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.
Partner with the best
As the Engineering Technology Director, you must be comfortable working with ambiguity, and have a proven track record of hiring, developing, and growing technical talent. You will have a strong leadership presence, and demonstrate outstanding business and communication skills. Specifically, you'll translate technical vision, roadmaps, and decisions into a clear, inspiring story that enables the organization to quickly align and drive results.
In this role, you'll also be responsible for:
- Leading new product development for the product line portfolio based on product road maps, market information, and ensuring the technology portfolio meets the customer value proposition.
- Developing and execute the organization's budgets and goals while ensuring that capital expenditures are executed in compliance with company policies and financial management of the platform portfolio.
- Leading technology strategy and operational planning to achieve business goals by monitoring service/performance levels, fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives.
- Overseeing product design and design improvements to provide patent coverage.
- Promoting and overseeing strategic relationships between internal resources and all levels of the organization as well as external entities, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Driving cross product line collaboration within OFS.
- Identifying issues, problems, and improvement opportunities; gathering and interpreting information, generating ideas and alternatives, collaborating with others, choosing an appropriate action, aligning resources, and implementing solutions.
- Driving operational efficiencies to reduce costs while maintaining process safety and product quality.
- Building organizational capability through continuous improvement activities.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering related discipline.
- Have 10+ years related experience, including a strong background in oilfield and industrial chemical technology and application, with 5+ of those years leading and managing teams.
- Be self-driven and comfortable working in ambiguous environments.
- Have a proven track record in bringing innovation to large enterprises.
- Have a proven track record in developing product strategy and vision.
- Have an extensive background in working with business and technology partners to develop platform roadmaps.
- Have experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Proven track record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 5 days a week)
- Starting early / finishing early
- Starting late / finishing late
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work. Requests for reasonable accommodations due to valid medical reasons, a sincerely held religious belief, or other personal conscience objection will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including but not limited to essential job duties, in accordance with applicable law.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.