Join our Completions & Wellbore Intervention Team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and increase reservoir value. Our Completions Team partners with on-site operators and customers to provide support and guidance to ensure the capacity and value of the well is maximized to its full potential.
As Mechanical Design Engineer – Annular Isolation, you will be responsible for:
- Completion of component and product design within time, financial, and technical guidelines established with the assistance and approval of supervisor.
- Performing component and system analysis, identifying stress levels, design solutions, and technical risk.
- Completing manufacturing drawings and working layouts for product designs and product modifications.
- Conducting detailed product design reviews for new developments or on modified products as assigned.
- Designing qualification testing fixtures, composing detailed test procedures, and performing lab testing.
- Drafting technical manual documentation of new or existing products with review and approval of supervisor.
- Improving product knowledge through increased familiarization with technical and service manuals and hands on experience.
- Assisting in project planning, creating development time and cost estimates.
- Initiating purchase requisitions and part manufacture work requests.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in design engineering with a preference in downhole oil tool design/development
- Effective individual communication skills
- Strong problem identification and solution skills
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to work “hands on” in a test lab facility
- Ability to prepare project plans, cost and time estimates to complete a project
- Ability to prepare technical reports and present results
- Experience with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Previous experience facilitating research and design projects
- Experience in the design of down hole oil field equipment preferred
- Ability to conduct dynamic FEA analysis
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical ability
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.