Chemical Technician (Downstream) - New Orleans, LA
Are you passionate about Chemical Services?
Do you enjoy creating solutions for customers?
Do you enjoy working independently with a high level of accountability?
Our diverse and global team ensures that our customers have the products they need to perform effectively and safely. Our team ensures production enhancement and chemical services for our customers so that they can function efficiently and perform at the highest level. We provide technical solutions to help with all their challenges.
Partner with the best
As a Chemical Technician, you will have the opportunity to develop a professional career with our business. Your role will include, pump maintenance, chemical transfers, inventory control, and laboratory analysis all while shaping excellent relationships and delivering value to customers. You will be a critical part of our technical team while collaborating with external teams.
As a Chemical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Working safely and adhering to all Baker Hughes and Customer Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines to ensure compliance
- Managing chemical inventories, placing chemical orders and deliveries to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
- Performing necessary field, lab testing, and injection system monitoring to ensure optimization of treatment programs
- Imputing data and documentation of day to day activities
- Designing, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of chemical pumps and injection systems
- Building relationships with internal cross-functional teams and customers to ensure flawless delivery and execution of projects
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent educational level
- Demonstrate knowledge of refinery or industrial operations, finished fuel additives, water treatment, and customer service experience
- Show a good understanding of industrial safety protocols
- Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Have experience working in a laboratory setting
- Be able to work at elevated heights and climb barrel ladders along with being able to lift 50 pounds
- Have some experience in Safe Chemical Handling Practices
- Have basic math skills and show a understanding of IT such as MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is working with our customer on-site. When onsite, you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns and demands.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health resources, Virtual Therapy Programs
- Dependent and Partners Care
- Pet Insurance
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.