Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Are you a Field Specialist looking for a new opportunity?
Join our Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
Coordinates and oversees work at the a field site, providing quality service to the customer. Job role may include sales, job design, execution, and follow up activities. Provides the planning necessary for the job including instructions to the crew and equipment used. Coordinates and directs the activities of service operators.
The Field Specialist is responsible for technical direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation, operational maintenance, testing and startup activities on Gas turbine, Compressors and Generators controls & instrumentation systems. In accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements primarily within Canada
As a Field Specialist - Controls & Instrumentation LMS100, LM 2500, LM6000 you will be responsible for:
· Providing direction and assistance to work groups to meet assigned objectives. Work within defined parameters.
· Providing general technical direction, assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling installation of products.
· Providing technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
· Assisting customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
· Leading and execute unit start-up and performance tests, evaluating running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem.
· Leading and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
· Have Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college
· Have at least 4+ of experience in field service or maintenance position.
· Have knowledge and experience on MKVI, MKVIe BKR control systems, Woodward/Micronet.
· Have knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control center (MCC), direct current panel (DCP), firefighting system installation commissioning.
· Have knowledge in rotating equipment control philosophy.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
· Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
· Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
· Comprehensive private medical care options
· Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
· Tailored financial programs
· Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.