Field Service Electrical Engineer (Remote)
Are you an experienced Field Service Engineer motivated to deliver the best service to your customers?
Would you like the opportunity to further develop your career with a global energy technology company?
Join our new BRUSH Power Generation team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear; We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our IET team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. BRUSH Power Generation enhances Baker Hughes portfolio of electromechanical equipment, including electric generators, synchronous condensers, electric motors, and associated control power management systems.
Partner with the best
The Field Service Electrical Engineer is generally responsible for providing electrical and winding repair services to customers operating a wide range of original equipment: generators, motors and ancillary systems.
As a Field Service Engineer- Electrical Commissioning, you will be responsible for:
• Complying with OSHA, BRUSH, site specific, and other industry standard health and safety practices having jurisdiction to protect both life and property
• Interpreting machine performance data, instrumentation readings, test values, specifications, technical requirements, and technical drawings to competently understand job scope requirements and assist in performance of job functions.
• Overhauling and clean large generators, including the necessary degree of mechanical strip down and re-build.
- Promoting aftermarket business including activity relating to parts sales and the installation, commissioning, overhaul and maintenance of BRUSH supplied equipment. Desired familiarity with other equipment such as: GE EX2000, EX2100, EX2200, Bozler, Siemens, ABB, ALSTOM excitation, Load Commutating Inverters, silicon control rectifiers, and other generator control systems.
- Composing detailed and concise technical reports for customer acceptance and documentation of work performed while on-site.
- Attending technical meetings and functions as a liaison between the customer and BRUSH to help ensure the delivery of satisfactory services.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Have a degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school and 2_yrs of field service experience with generator and/or winding experience
- Demonstrate competencies with tooling such as the following: basic hand tools, multi-meters, megger, rigging, generator special tooling, and HIPot.
- Familiarity with generator, stator, and rotor control curves, power generation setup and protection, and high voltage power distribution markets desirable.
- Able and willingness to be prepared and available to travel when called upon and on short notice on a regular basis both domestically and internationally 75% - 85% of the time or as business needs dictate.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours from home office near an international hub airport.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.