Do you like developing strategies for global business?
Are you passionate about process simplification and efficiency?
Join our Team
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safety and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.
Make a difference to our business
As a Category Leader, you will manage the Oilfield Services Non-Metallics Category teams made up of category Managers, Supplier Performance Managers and Sourcing Managers includes, to develop and support the strategic direction and improvements for the related category spend. She/he will be responsible for defining, supporting and managing category strategies for an operational annual spend around $350-400M for third-party spend. Leads a global team of category managers, Strategic sourcing managers as well as supplier relationship managers.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership on the global category strategy and ensure SRM and Procurement team is aligned on the implementation/execution of the strategy at global and local levels.
- Driving the execution and implementation of the sourcing, negotiations and contracting strategies to achieve category deflation, cash, supply base rationalization, spend under contract and rest of business’ KPIs.
- Supplier Management – Leverage a standard framework to classify suppliers and implement SRM programs.
- Evaluating and monitoring the risk profile of the supply base, identify mitigation targets and implement risk improvement initiatives.
- Developing a reservoir of sourcing/category initiatives to deliver cost reductions & deflation against challenging current and multi-year savings targets.
- Delivers category annual goals by collaborating with cross-functional teams using spend data analytics, market research, benchmarks and cost modeling to define category strategies, identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies and risk mitigation to the organization
- Guiding team through contract negotiation and global execution
- Developing and manages a high-performing team of category managers and supplier relationship managers in the category team.
- Providing advice and guidance to functional management or business functions on strategies, projects, and value generating programs
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in Procurement, category management or related field
- Previous experience working in non-Metallics
- 3+ years of experience successfully leading high performing teams.
- Accomplished in category management and has commercial category expertise
- Strong experience with negotiation of contract and commercial terms and conditions and able to coach others.
- Strong global leadership & influence skills that inspire trust, collaboration and operational excellence
- Ability to work in a highly metric-driven environment and deliver against challenging performance targets.
- A deep desire to be a key part of building a world-class Procurement function.
- Ability to lead through influence, recommend sourcing strategies and deliver business results.
- Ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills.
- Communicates and influences effectively, with the ability to motivate and influence others inside and outside of own function.
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus and motivate team members across multiple functions, regions and product lines
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong process and cost improvement skills.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- +15 years of experience in a large or medium-sized professional procurement organization with at least 5 years in leadership roles.
- Professional Procurement certification (CPSM, MCIPS, etc.) desired.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health resources, Virtual Therapy Programs
- Dependent and Partners Care
- Pet Insurance
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.