Production Supervisor – Team Leader (2nd Shift)
Would you to be part of a team responsible for maintenance and repair tools?
Are you a Production Supervisor looking for the next step in your career?
Join our Lufkin Gear Repair and Maintenance Team!
The Production Supervisor will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Partner with the best
As the Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and scheduling operations to obtain optimum use of manpower, machines, and equipment.
- Managing the activities of a team of shop operators to support the business
- Reviewing departmental performance to ensure that performance requirements are met
- Driving a daily schedule attainment to meet all internal and external customer commitments
- Developing, training, and evaluating performance of employees
- Developing and providing a culture of safe working conditions for all employees while ensuring safety regulations and procedures are followed by all employees
- Developing, coordinating, leading, and executing daily production plans
- Ensuring compliance with all plant rules and company policies.
- Coordinating with planning and scheduling to execute the master schedule.
- Working with Engineering to identify root causes and solve external quality issues
- Reporting product defects ensuring these are resolved by developing and corrective action plans
- Accomplishing goals while maintaining high team morale, employee involvement, quality, and teamwork
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in technology, industrial or business discipline or a high school diploma/GED with four (4) years of experience in a supervisor position
- Ability and willingness to work first and second shift and scheduled workdays, including weekends
- Prior manufacturing supervisor experience (Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, assembly, etc.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Multi-tasking skills to accomplish various duties
- Strong interpersonal skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.