R&D Analytics/Computational Engineer
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking technology company?
Do you enjoy technical challenges?
Join our growing Drill Bits Team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value.
Partner with the best
- Engineer solutions that include interfacing with hardware (electronics/sensors), the cloud and client applications. You will be required to understand the hardware with enough detail to allow you to make decisions on data capture rates, apply signal processing and write algorithms.
- Apply scientific principles to understand the application of the data provided by the hardware and its impact on drilling performance.
- Write code that #1 solves problems, willingness to solve any problem. It needs to be reusable, scalable, follow company best practices and needs to work within the existing application infrastructure.
- Capture product requirements, system level requirements through brainstorming with Engineers, Businesses & Product Managers, Software Architects.
- Assess application performance, troubleshooting and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices. Support ongoing operations with urgency.
Fuel your passion.?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in excellent problem solving in software AND hardware, signal processing, programming. Demonstrated ability to adapt programming languages as required by the project.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or electronics and computer science or related science and engineering majors
- Minimum of 2 years applying knowledge of Object-Oriented programming using .NET or Java,
- Minimum of 2 years of Cloud Experience (Azure, AWS), databases such as MS SQL, Containerized solutions (Docker)
Work in a way that works for you.?
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:?
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, flexible.
Working with us?
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.?
Working for you?
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
Join us, and you can expect:?
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health resources, Virtual Therapy Programs
- Dependent and Partners Care
- Pet Insurance
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.