University Internships – 2023 opportunities
Would you like the opportunity to work in a global energy company?
Do you enjoy taking on challenging projects?
Join our innovating Internship Program
The Baker Hughes Internship is designed to enable students pursuing a Bachelors's or Masters's degree to gain hands-on work experience as the foundation of their professional lives. Our internships will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems, and practices that are aligned to ensure customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology.
Partner with the best
You’ll participate in focused training, and team meetings, work on projects, and present your results. During your internship, you will be supported by a buddy and your manager who will ensure you have a valuable learning experience. You will also have the opportunity to become familiar with the Health, Safety, and Environment (HS&E) and culture of Baker Hughes.
As an Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Completing internal projects to deliver customer outcomes and identify business improvements
- Learning internal software to assist with the completion of projects and tasks
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and interns to interact and network with global business leaders
- Applying Health, Safety, and Environment (HS&E) standards and procedures in all situations to ensure compliance is maintained
- Receiving coaching and mentoring to enable you to complete assignments and projects to develop your learning and skillset
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors's or Masters's level degree in Engineering, Technology, Mechanics, other STEM-related or business related program.
- Have maintained a GPA grade greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Be fluent in oral and written English and have effective communication skills
- Have the legal right to work without restrictions or have company sponsorship in the country you have applied
- Be able to relocate for the duration of your internship (locations vary)
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply
Working with us
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious, and collaborative. We're on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data, and science.As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work. Requests for reasonable accommodations due to valid medical reasons, a sincerely held religious belief, or other personal conscience objection will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including but not limited to essential job duties, in accordance with applicable law.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.