We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision demonstrates a complete understanding of the data processing and geomechanical/ geophysical principles required for providing deliverables as per customer demands.
- Under occasional supervision, assists in delivery of analytical results and reports.
- Capable of autonomous completion of routine data quality control (QC) and analysis and reporting duties as well as guided completion of special or unusual projects as directed by a Principle Geosciences Technical Professional or higher.
- Does not interact directly with clients unless supervised by a Sr. or Principle Technical Professional or higher.
- Job responsibilities will include working in both a field and office environment.
- Skills acquired through completion of undergraduate degree in Engineering, Geology, Geophysics or Petro-physics and a minimum of 2 years of petroleum geophysics, reservoir/rock mechanics, rock fracture mechanics.
- Completion of a graduate degree in Engineering, Geology, Geophysics or Petro-physics preferred.
- Other scientific, engineering, or mathematical background would be considered.
- Requires familiarity and understanding of proprietary software and hardware.
- Strong background in geophysics, technical / engineering, or science is essential.
- Certification as an Engineer-in-training is desirable but not required.
World Class Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays and the ability to purchase additional days off
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan with a matching contribution
- Family Care program including paid time off to care for sick or injured immediate family members, adoption reimbursement, paternal and maternal leave for baby bonding and more.
- Employee Job Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Educational Assistance
- Benefit enrollment begins within 30 days of hire date and coverage will become effective on the 90th day of employment.
- Eligible to participate in the Halliburton Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan as of the first day of employment.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Tech Prof-Pinnacle Geosc, Prin.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 172119
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.