In a supervised and non-supervised work crew setting, the Backhoe Operator is responsible for operating equipment in a safe, appropriate and efficient manner in order to maximize task completion while minimizing the risk of property damage, injury or loss of life. Equipment will include backhoe and DOT regulated trucks, and may include farm tractors, front end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors other pieces of equipment and related implements. The Backhoe Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures. Additional labor-only responsibilities may be required of Backhoe Operator as needed and related to heavy civil construction, energy market construction, land management, and/or agriculture production tasks.
- Safely and productively operate light duty equipment, tractors and DOT regulated trucks by controlling the function of the equipment/machinery and its attachments/implements
- Follow all Endeavor Energy Resources procedures and policies.
- Follow all DOT laws, rules and regulations.
- Follow all customer safety and contractor policies.
- Perform all job tasks safely.
- Keep all work areas are clean and organized.
- Perform both species-selective and clear-cutting clearing and grubbing tasks.
- Perform excavations including mining/borrowing and trenching tasks.
- Perform topsoil respreads, erosion control BMP installation & maintenance, and re-seeding tasks.
- Perform landscaping, land management, and agriculture production related tasks.
- Inspect, maintain, and clean equipment each shift
- Use of power and hand tools for misc. structure and fence construction or demolition.
- Use of power and hand tools for lifting, shoveling, raking, sawing, planting, etc. to complete detail work associated with equipment operating tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years experience operating a backhoe, front end loaders, scrapers, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment basics such as mechanics, maintenance and storage.
- Understanding of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Time management skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to w overtime as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to push and pull loads up to 45 lbs
- Must work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat. Job duties will regularly be performed during periods of impaired visibility due to sunrise, sunset, night work, fog rain, etc.
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in regards to race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status or disability. We comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment and discrimination will not be tolerated.