Field Specialist II
Does Traveling to new sites excite you?
Are you passionate about Power Transmission Equipment and customers?
Join our Quality Team
The Field Service Representative is responsible for providing on-site mechanical/ technical direction and operating support of Power Transmission Equipment within customer facilities during commissioning, start-up, operations, preventive maintenance, and trouble-shooting situations in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements.
Partner with the best
As a Field Service Representative, you will travel to customer sites and perform mechanical duties while listening and aiding the customer. This role will have minimal supervision so you must ensure that you are always responsible and maintain company equipment.
As an Field Service Representative, you will be responsible for:
- Providing general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of Power Transmission equipment
- Providing Project and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of jobs, customer problems
- Traveling to customer sites, both domestic and international, to consult, advise, collaborate, and train customer’s personnel concerning equipment operation, repairs, and warranty service.
- Performing routine field repairs of Power Transmission products in the most practical, economical, and timely manner
- Verifying that the installation of new Power Transmission products complies with engineering requirements to ensure warranty coverage.
- Providing technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of assigned programs and ground support equipment, including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions
- Assisting customer in scheduling maintenance and workload
- Anticipating requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments and technologies of Lufkin and other manufacturers’ equipment in order to provide the highest standard of service.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Associate degree preferred or equivalent from an accredited two-year college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience in field service or equivalent technical experience).
- Proven mechanical abilities.
- Ability to read and interpret detail drawings, documents, specifications, and instructions such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, procedure manuals and ability to solve practical problems related to gear repair equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Permissive Leave - Leave can be taken as needed for vacation, illness, or personal reasons, but must be coordinated with and approved by your manager.
- Flextime - Shift or change of hours worked over the course of a working day while still working a standard-length workday/workweek.
- Remote Work - Regular responsibilities performed away from the designated business location for a portion or entirety of the arranged work hours.
- Compressed Work Week - Reduces the number of days worked over a week while still adhering to the standard hours for the full week.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:Maintain knowledge of new developments and technologies of Lufkin and other manufacturers’ equipment in order to provide the highest standard of serviceAbout Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.