Refinery Applications Engineer
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Are you considered a Subject Matter Expert with Water treatments in Refinery's?
Join our Upstream Chemicals Team
Our Upstream Chemical Team uses technology consisting of chemistry, knowledge expertise, intelligent property. Correct application methods and monitoring to improve the process treatment applications at refinery and industrial plants, providing value to our clients. Our team has an essential role in ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of our products to our customer location.
Take ownership for customer installations and maintenance
You will be part of the team working in refinery to supply downstream chemistry and associated services.
As a Refinery Application Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working in a safe and deliberate manner, ensuring HSE compliance, including safe, reliable chemical transfers.
- Following Sales and Service Standards at customer accounts to ensure compliance with Service Delivery Standards.
- Collaborating as a team member to drive technical sales and innovative solutions.
- Managing activities and small projects to ensure successful delivery to customer.
- Developing technical documents to present to customers, executive, and team for review.
- Analyzing, monitoring, and assessing chemical injection systems to ensure customer quality.
- Performing lab analytical work (chemical field testing of process and water samples)
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or relevant 3 years experience
- Have a good understanding of industrial chemical treatment and sales process.
- Have the ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Have experience working in a laboratory setting.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is working with our customer on-site in locations across the world. When onsite, you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns. When projects are complete, we offer you the opportunity to take extended leave before you take on your next project
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.