Lab Analyst (Upstream Chemicals) Kilgore, TX
Would you like to join a lab analytical team delivering essential services to our customers in the field?
Do you enjoy ensuring the quality and efficiency of chemicals for the future of energy?
Join our Chemical Engineering Team
We are the leader in oilfield services from completion to production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team partners with our off-shore customers to build specialized chemical applications to meet their needs maintaining production and reducing downtime. We are a collaborative team that go the extra-mile to deliver exceptional service.
Partner with the best
As a Laboratory Analyst, you will ensure the quality of sample analysis performed in the lab. You will integrate with the lab team to provide safe and compliant laboratory operation. Your analytical skills will contribute to help our operations team to perform at the highest level.
As Laboratory Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Functioning as an analytical chemist in a regional analytical laboratory in upstream chemicals for oil and gas production systems.
- Ensuring high throughput sample analysis and reporting for oilfield produced fluids and solids.
- Functioning as a team member on a high caliber team conducting analytical work.
- Providing expert knowledge to support, Q/A and Q/C and method development.
- Exhibiting instrument efficiency and validation and data reporting via LIMS data management system.
- As a team member, sharing responsibility for timely accurate throughput for large volume of samples to support regional operations.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Science and Engineering with strong analytical background preferred, however, a HS diploma with relevant experience will be considered.
- Have 2+ years’ experience working in analytical chemistry lab
- Have experience with either XRF/XRD, amines analysis, ICP, or chromatography
- Be able to work independently as a self-starter, not requiring micromanagement
- Be a team player, willing to bond/network with a high caliber lab and technical team
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities.
- Comprehensive private medical care options.
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs.
- Tailored financial programs.
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.