Lead Benefits Specialist
Join our team!
Our Benefits Team provides support for the business for Benefits process(s). The individual is responsible for each assigned local legislative rules and process. This role requires emphasis on data integrity and analysis to support key HR decisions while providing coverage and support as needed.
Partner with the best
Baker Hughes is looking for an experienced candidate to work in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline driven environment by providing expert support for a broad range of employee benefit activities and services. The ideal candidate will need to be both an effective team member as well as an ambitious self-starter with strong health and welfare knowledge, and employee benefit administration experience.
The role of the Lead Benefits Specialist is a critical one. Responsibilities include but not limited to –
- Lead day-to-day operations and partner with vendors for a smooth and efficient administration of the US health and welfare programs
- Research and analyze complex employee benefits matter, and provide resolution in accordance with applicable guidelines and laws
- Reconcile discrepancies for the purpose of ensuring accurate health and welfare eligibility and payment information while complying with contract provisions
- Monitor and track monthly employee benefit program expenses and budget
- Communicate in writing in a succinct and organized manner
- Deliver exceptional customer service to HR partners, employees, retirees and their dependents when addressing benefit related inquiries and issues
- Assist in the development of a wide variety of employee benefit communication materials while considering the audience, content, format and grammar
- Travel on an as needed basis
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and fostering a collaborative, multicultural environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Human Resources)
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Benefits
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Responsible for the successful execution of one or more Payroll or Benefits process(s)
- Managing service delivery metrics and/or third-party supplier performance in relation to the assigned process(s)
- Driving increased productivity and compliance through process improvements, standardization and simplification within assigned area (s)
- Fostering a culture of customer service excellence and continuous process improvement by providing “Best in Class” customer service and advise on complex questions/requests from employees, businesses and HR partners
- Maintaining high standards of accuracy, timeliness and quality to ensure compliance with relevant legal and Baker Hughes policy requirements
- Developing effective relationships with stakeholders through strong interpersonal skills and proactive communication
- Continuously building and sharing area of expertise; keeping current with internal and external updates and changes
- Providing ad-hoc operational support for assigned process
- Participating in internal, external payroll and benefits audits Preparation of year-end reporting & associated statistics
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work. Requests for reasonable accommodations due to valid medical reasons, a sincerely held religious belief, or other personal conscience objection will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including but not limited to essential job duties, in accordance with applicable law.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.