We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
This opening is for a position in the technology department of Sperry Drilling which is a Halliburton PSL (Product Service Line). Sperry has a complete line of downhole tools for drilling and logging while drilling (LWD) that are designed to withstand the most extreme drilling environments while still making laboratory grade measurements.
- The candidate will participate in developing and sustaining of electronics used in Sperry downhole tools.
- Candidate will work under the guidance of electrical engineering leads but will be expected to work independently on electrical engineering tasks such as analog and digital circuit design, circuit analysis and characterization, testing, and documentation.
- Candidate will be expected to participate in characterization, qualification, modeling, analysis, design, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and design reviews for new and existing electronics designs
- Additional responsibilities include periodic reporting of planned and completed development activities, providing estimated completion dates, and prompt reporting of issues.
- This includes communication with different groups including project management, immediate supervisor, electrical and software groups, and other team members, etc.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design and analysis
- Understanding of common analog circuit building blocks/components (amplifiers, filters, LDO, feedback circuits, switches / MOSFETs, transformers, inductors, etc.…)
- Experience with sensor acquisition systems circuit design and analysis.
- Understanding of common acquisition system terminology and requirements: SNR, common mode, noise analysis, accuracy, precision, resolution, band width, range, sample rate, aliasing, etc.…
- Understanding of common data acquisition systems building blocks and components (analog to digital converters, DAC’s, microprocessors, DSP, FPGA’s, Flash, etc.…).
- Understanding of digital communication circuits and systems
- Understanding of power supply circuits and control systems.
- Experience with using standard electronics lab equipment including multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, Impedance analyzers, power supplies, and function generators.
- Experience with troubleshooting and system debugging.
- Experience using Python and Matlab programming and ability to develop scripts for automated testing and data analysis.
- Experience with high voltage design and testing is plus.
- Requires a minimum degree of BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from the Senior Electrical Engineer, Principal Electrical Engineer up to the Advisor Electrical Engineer
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 173178
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: