Are you looking for a new challenge helping to Move energy Forward?
Do you enjoy being part of team that provides high-quality technical support?
Would you like the opportunity to collaborate on a wide range of technical products?
Baker Hughes is looking for the right candidate to serve in a pivotal role, leading strategic sourcing engagements across a wide range of business units to enable new business initiatives to launch and scale rapidly.
Global Category Managers are expert practitioners in the tools for creating competitive environments and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. They routinely influence C-level vendor relationships by advising senior Baker Hughes leaders across multiple stakeholder groups on the direction of sourcing projects in support of business unit and corporate goals.
Successful candidates must work well in a fast-paced and often ambiguous arena, and will be rewarded by working alongside highly collaborative colleagues.
Partner with the best
- Establishing strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
- Developing global Category strategies to deliver against business objectives for internal clients.
- Evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
- Leading and developing Sourcing teams at the global and regional level.
- Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Identifying sourcing opportunities by leveraging spend analysis tools and engage with stakeholders to consolidate requirements over categories, suppliers and geographies.
- Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Define and improve Sourcing strategies at business or plant level.
- Provides advice and guidance to functional management or business functions on approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affecting business organization and ways of working.
- Handles communication with direct colleagues and the business about approach and methods for solving complex problem.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Sourcing, Category Management, or Chemicals or related fields.
- Experience of managing matrix organization and direct teams.
- Specific experience in O&G chemicals and raw materials is preferred.
- This role is global in scope, exposure to domestic and international chemicals supply chains dynamics is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible standard business hours - 08:00 - 5:00
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.