In a supervised work crew setting, the Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe, appropriate and efficient manner in order to maximize task completion while minimizing the risk of property damage, injury or loss of life. Heavy equipment may include farm tractors, trucks, front end loaders, scrapers, dozers, graders, compactors other pieces of equipment and related implements. The Heavy Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures. Additional labor-only responsibilities may be required of Heavy Equipment Operators as needed.
- Safely operate heavy duty equipment, tractors and trucks by controlling the function of the equipment/machinery and its attachments/implements
- Keep all work areas are clean and organized
- Perform both species-selective and clear-cutting clearing and grubbing tasks
- Perform topsoil and overburden strip-to-stockpile tasks
- Perform excavations including mining/borrowing, mass earthmoving, and trenching tasks
- Perform engineering controlled and non-engineering controlled embankments including reclaiming, mass earthmoving and backfilling tasks
- Perform grading and fine grading within industry standard tolerances by method of visual-only reference, stake/blue top reference, GPS and/or laser guidance
- Perform installation & yield control of soil stabilization admixture(s) and sub-base(s) tasks
- Perform topsoil respreads, erosion control BMP installation & maintenance, and re-seeding tasks
- Perform landscaping, land management, and agriculture production related tasks
- Perform pre-operation inspections and documentations, per machine/shift
- Perform fueling, greasing, dirt and debris build-up removal, and post-operation inspections and documentation, per machine/shift
- Thoroughly clean interior and exterior of equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participating in maintenance or repairs as needed
- Participate in inventory upkeep
- Use and operation of small equipment and tools such as jack hammers, mowers, weed-eaters, chain saws, and water & trash pumps as needed.
- Use of power and hand tools for lifting, shoveling, raking, sawing, planting, etc. to complete detail work associated with equipment operating tasks
- Other tasks as assigned and applicable
- 3 - 6 years of experience minimum
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3 – 6 years’ experience as finish equipment operator
- 0 – 3 years’ experience with Trimble or Topcon GPS automatic control systems
Endeavor Energy Resources, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status or disability. We comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment and discrimination will not be tolerated.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The job description may evolve as business needs change to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.