Gear Repair Specialist General Machining Department- (2nd Shift)
Would you to be part of a team responsible for maintenance and repair tools?
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
Join our Lufkin Gear Repair and Maintenance Team!
The Gear Repair Specialist will primarily have a specialist focus on machining power transmission boxes.
Partner with the best
As Gear Repair Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and using mechanical and/or digital measurement tools such as a tape measure, micrometer, indicator and caliper etc.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and engineering drawings
- To perform mathematical calculations commonly used in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiently and safely operate manufacturing equipment, to tear down, diagnose, assemble, test, and repair products common to the industries where the business is active.
- Assisting in the assembly cell pulling parts to maintain inventory levels
- Using small hand tools, operate material handling equipment including forklifts, cranes, hoists, skids, pallet handlers, and hand trucks or lift heavy objects by hand within applicable weight limitations
- Performing any other job duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Following all safety and quality procedures during all work operations
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a production / industrial environment or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to lift, pull or push 40+ pounds
- Ability and willingness to work first and second shift and scheduled workdays, including weekends
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, squat, and push
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Multi-tasking skills to accomplish various duties
- Strong interpersonal skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.