We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, demonstrates creativity and judgment in solving problems during the development and application of new and improved chemical products and engineering processes.
- Performs research and experimentation at the general direct of technical leaders and advisors.
- Develops basic chemical products and processes by providing chemical and/or engineering analysis applicable to need.
- Performs specialized tests and simulations including design and construction of modeling apparatus and data acquisition systems.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the products, processes, and their application.
- Provides technical guidance to technicians and may be consulted in area of expertise by associates.
- Utilizes project management skills in the planning and execution of project activities as directed by project leaders and management.
- Resolves technical/operational questions with internal customers.
- Assists with the development and preparation of technical training/presentations as called upon to provide technology transfer.
- May apply fluid mechanics theory and design to the rheological characterization of fluids, flow modeling, solids transport, viscoelasticity, and friction.
- May utilize existing software products to provide engineering solutions and may provide field support for existing software products.
- May apply geomechanics technologies in the areas of mini-frac analysis, formation sanding potential, wellbore stability assessment, pore pressure prediction, stress analysis and mechanical property determination.
- Demonstrates innovation by contributing inventions, patents, or new designs/techniques which accomplish project goals.
- Incorporates HES awareness, regulations, best practices, product/process reliability and quality into the development of products and processes.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Chemical Technology, or similar discipline and a
- minimum of 5 years related experience or through 9 years of directly related experience.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
124 Ida Road, Broussard, Louisiana, 70518, United States
Requisition Number: 179422
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Baroid
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.