OTR Delivery Driver (Upstream Chemicals) - Pleasanton, TX
Do you like to work onsite with customers?
Do you enjoy taking ownership for customer projects?
Join our Upstream Chemical Team - (Limited Time Sign On Bonus)
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team plays an essential role in ensuring the safe delivery of chemicals needed for our customers operations.
Take ownership of our logistics
Baker Hughes has an opening for a Chemical OTR Delivery Driver to be based out of Pleasanton, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Drives to blend plants and picks up bulk loads of Hazardous Materials.
- Responsible for the transport of production chemicals, used by oilfield customers.
- Deliveries to customer wells, while on-site, utilizing chemical transfer pump to fill field bulk tanks
- Special duties as assigned
- Candidate will be travelling 95% of the time, within assigned territory, weekly overnight travel in sleeper
- Documents all activities, updates templates and reports as required
- Handles special projects as assigned
- Records all hours of service performed, as required by DOT
- Maintains tractor and trailer equipment in accordance with prescribed preventive maintenance schedule and DOT
- Completes all required documents for load transporting, bills of lading, etc.
- Maintains responsibility for content and condition of cargo within trailer; ensures all cargo is secured
- Maintains status as a qualified driver in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Class “A” CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- At least 5 years of experience, driving commercially with HAZMAT and Tanker Cargo
- Live within a drivable distance (60 minutes or less) to worksite. There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
- Must be able to work for any employer in the US (no sponsorship offered at this time)
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills and be proficient in MS Office
- Must have a clear/good driving record
- Maintain status as an FMCSR-qualified driver
- Never had a suspended or revoked driver licenses, permits, or privileges in any state or county
- Documented proof of a good driving record; applicants chosen to be interviewed must obtain a Life History MVR from the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- 3-year clear MVR; record will be reviewed for preventability
- No more than 1 moving violation within the last 3 years (none in past 12 months)
- Successful passing of Dept of Transportation (DOT) physical, DOT drug screen, background check, and verification of work history
- Comprehensive knowledge of appropriate company products/application and services to customer requirements and competitive market in the scope of responsibility
- Oilfield production systems experience a plus
- Tri-plex and rotary pumping experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of oil wells, collection facilities, and warehouse operations
- Ability to work unsupervised, and have problem solving and mechanical skills
- Safety and environmental priorities for training, compliance, and proactively providing improvement suggestions
- Ability to communicate with local teams, and modify scheduled priorities, as they arise
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks in a fast-paced, unsupervised environment; attention to detail
- Ability to work weekends, nights, and holidays
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- 5 days a week working schedule with overtime
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health resources, Virtual Therapy Programs
- Dependent and Partners Care
- Pet Insurance
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- $5000.00 sign on bonus
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.