Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge energy equipment?
Would you like the opportunity to work with Light Well Intervention Team (LWI)?
Join our world-class Oilfield Services & Equipment Team
The combination of Oilfield Services and Oilfield Equipment enhances our opportunity to become the premier upstream partner for our customers. We share over 78% of the same customers and operate across a nearly identical geographic footprint. We will deepen and strengthen customer relationships by bringing together our products and services, offering more comprehensive solutions aligned to their evolving needs.
Partner with the best
The LWI Service Delivery Project Manager (SDPM) will be responsible for the safe and efficient management and execution of riser-less lightwell intervention, riser-based intervention, and fluid intervention projects, based out of North America. The role may also support such intervention projects globally and ensure they are executed in line with the company’s policies, client specifications, and regional legislation.
As an LWI Service Delivery Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a project team to execute Intervention projects in the North America region, supporting Riserless, Riser based, and fluid intervention operations.
- Client interfacing responsible for delivering offshore intervention service projects (ISP) to our customers, both external and internal.
- Ensuring the intervention Service project scope of work and deliverables are defined, agreed upon, budgeted and resourced in collaboration with external and internal stakeholders.
- Working with the LWI asset group to ensure that the fixed assets are identified within the Baker Hughes system and required maintenance and testing of the systems are completed on time and that documentation and certification is completed and updated in time for operations.
- Ensuring equipment is mobilized to location and installed offshore in accordance with project requirements. This may require offsite travel.
- Maintaining and controlling Risk and Opportunity Management to ensure that risks are mitigated and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvement are identified and achieved.
- Working with matrix functions to develop plans and estimates for scope changes and new-product budget requests. Presenting proposals to customers, sponsors and functional managers to obtain approval of scope, funding and resources.
- Driving margin expansion with Variation Order and avoiding LDs based on contract knowledge.
- Developing, implementing, and managing reporting systems for schedule, progress, risk and cost which satisfy both internal and external requirements.
- Using Lessons Learned to drive continuous improvement throughout the project. Ensure projects are closed out efficiently.
- Project management of any system upgrades, including oversight of design, development, qualification, manufacturing, customer acceptance, delivery, budget management and in-service support of oil and gas intervention systems.
- Interfacing with the Customers, Suppliers, Functional Teams, Senior Manager Sponsors, Project teams, Product team and BMO group as required.
- Traveling to other global locations to support business and project needs.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or technical discipline from an accredited college or university (OR High Scholl Diploma/GED from an accredited school or institution and a minimum 7 years of Project Management experience in commercial operations and/or oilfield operations)
- Have a minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience in commercial operations and/or oilfield operations.
- Experience with the subsea intervention sector, including riser and riserless based intervention operations as well as fluid intervention operations.
- Familiar with the specification and operation of subsea intervention systems, including riserless intervention systems, riser-based intervention systems and fluid stimulation systems.
- Traveling required to Angola, West Africa.
- Experienced manager with solid leadership skills, with proven ability to deliver within a matrix organization.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethics and values following company compliance and integrity programs.
- Communication both within Baker Hughes and with customers will be critical to success. Excellent presentation and written skills are required to enable clear and concise delivery of information to senior staff, customers and contractors.
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action, but knows when to either delegate up or down.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and to work in cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- PMI Certification preferred
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.