Are you a Health and Safety minded individual?
Would you like to work in our Health and Safety business?
John our Health and Safety team
Partner with the best
As a Lead Health and Safety Specialist, you are responsible for:
- Individuals with expertise in a specific area, such as industrial hygiene, injury & illness, ergonomics, electrical safety, process safety management, etc. and/or providing general health & safety advice and support
- Support two facilities, (Bakersfield/Taft, CA) splitting time between the facilities
- May include supporting services, projects, and construction
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 certification through audits and self-assessments assuring conformance with our HSE management system
- Responsibility for Safety Officers role and incident command structure (ICS)
- Participate in regulatory onsite audits and inspections, (Cal/OHSA, Environment, Railroad, and Homeland Security)
- Facilitating or leading incident investigations (development and assessment of corrective and preventative actions), analyzing incident and near miss trends identifying emerging issues and recommend corrective actions
- Overseeing employee health programs including chemical risk assessment, respiratory protection, ergonomics, and hearing protection
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or relevant field
- At least 5 years of HSE experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Chemical Manufacturing preferred
- Holds a professional designation in HSE (i.e. CIH, CSP, CHMM) preferred
- Have a thorough knowledge of Cal/OSHA, Kern County regulation, and San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution District regulations
- Proficient in conducting ISO and regulatory audits
- Must be willing and able to present information to various levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner
- Previous experience building and supporting a positive HSE culture
- Ability to influence others
- Translating leading indicators and trends into proactive HSE initiatives
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with changing deadlines
The salary range for this position is $78,200.00 -153,000.00 USD Annual
USD if employed in California.
*Pay scale for CA is effective January 1, 2023
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Monday – Friday (7am-4pm) Must be available to support the business in Emergency situations.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.