Field Specialist - Directional Driller (DD)
Have excellent Directional Driller experience?
Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge energy equipment?
Join our innovating Drilling Services Team!
Our Drilling Services Team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. Drilling in 4 different states, we face unique differences and challenges every day. Collaborating as a team, we help a diverse range of customers to deliver a quality service.
Partner with the best
As a Field Specialist - DD (Directional Driller) you will be responsible for operating the required equipment & tools on rigs to bore the well in multiple directions.
As a Field Specialist - DD (Directional Driller), you will be responsible for:
- Controlling the wellbore direction with the help of bottom hole assembly (BHA) tools, while also monitoring the performance of various drilling activities by using surface sensors.
- Working closely with MWD professionals in data collection to keep the drilling project on track.
- Rigging up surface equipment and assisting the MWD in rigging up their operational equipment.
- Managing the necessary directional drilling equipment and overseeing the well location activities.
- Ensuring the availability of technical tools at the well site according to the job requirements, including, but not limited to bit selection, mud motors, drill pipes, etc.).
- Managing the direction of the drilling pathway (or well trajectory) and performs surveys to analyze the depth of operations using Magnetic Single Shot, Multi Shot, or Gyro Tool survey tools.
- Planning the directional drilling action plans and implements them in the workplace.
- Participating in executing a recording the survey information.
- Examining the hole penetration with the help of special equipment like laser machinery, depth analyzer, etc.
- Monitoring the mud pumps and fluid levels during wellbore operations.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a high school diploma / GED.
- Have a valid Driver's License.
- Have experience gained in an energy, oil, and gas environment or industrial (or similar).
- Be able to demonstrate good hands-on knowledge and experience of directional drilling.
- Demonstrate networking and computer skills and be familiar with MS Office.
- Be detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Be an efficient team player, with the ability to adapt in an ever-changing, dynamic environment, and work independently.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is rotational, working with our customers on-site.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.