Applications Field Engineer
Are you a Field Application Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?
Are you a graduate and looking for an engineer role, in an Energy Technology company?
Be part of a successful team!
Quest Integrity, a Baker Hughes company, is a global leader in assessing the reliability of critical assets for the energy and process industries. Quest Integrity employs leading-edge technology and subject matter expertise to help companies improve the uptime, performance and longevity of their assets.
Partner with the best
As an Applications Field Engineer role will include handling inspection tool requirements, task lists and related projects, including inspection tool diagnostic initiatives when challenges are encountered, and implementation of all lessons learned from these challenges. The Application Field Engineer will serve as primary liaison with both the Manufacturing and Research and Development team, to determine best practices during new product deployment while continually ensuring field procedures and tool specifications are designed to optimize tool performance and effectiveness in the field.
As a Applications Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Traveling frequently to field sites
- Reviewing project information and help determine project requirements
- Assisting with testing; software/analysis, field operations, and new tool deployment
- Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and/or software issues during tool development
- Assisting with manufacturing and maintenance of inspection tools
- Providing technical support to the sales team and assist in pre-sale site surveys
- Assisting with IT related issues within the office and out of office; ensure field personnel’s PC’s are properly configured to operate our custom inspection tools. Assist with other related IT needs as defined by your manager.
- Testing, monitoring and tracking tool function; run flow loop tests; document changes and results, as well as valuating tool chemical compatibility
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in an Engineering field (or technical degree in Engineering/Technology)
- Have a 5+ years of experience in automated inspection and/or nondestructive inspection environment required; In-Line Inspection (pipelines and piping systems) experience preferred
- Display proven knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design, testing, and production of NDT and quality control instrumentation and systems
- Have experience with CAD and 3D CAD systems such as Autocad or SolidWorks and/or familiarity with machining tools is preferred
- Be a team player, have excellent communication skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done
- This is a shift based working pattern - Talk to us about the schedule when you apply
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.